[gmx-users] dt in mdp

Alex alexanderwien2k at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 15:17:16 CEST 2020

Thank you for the response.

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 9:02 AM Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

> On 4/10/20 8:13 AM, Alex wrote:
> > Dear Justin,
> > Any comment please?
>
> Sorry, haven't had power/network for a while due to some bad storms here.
>
> GROMOS force fields are parametrized assuming all bonds are fixed, so
> your constraints should be "all-bonds" not "h-bonds."

Interesting, hopefully that is the problem.

> I would also suggest you thoroughly validate the quality of the epoxy
> molecule topology against QM data and bulk-phase properties, if possible.

As the ATB folks claim, the parameterization has been performed against a
very high level DFT calculation, especially for the molecules with less
than 50 atoms.
I already have tested the density and it is in agreement with the
experimental value.

Regarding the "comm-grps = " , would you also please kindly let me know
which one you would recommend for this system + plus a small single
molecule called MOL_A which defuses from water inside the epoxy, specially
for the PMF calculation of the Mol_A?
 comm-grps = Other SOL     ;; (Other = thin_film and Mol_A)
or
comm-grps = system

Thank you
Alex