[gmx-users] Regarding version of gromacs

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Apr 10 15:23:39 CEST 2020

On 4/10/20 9:21 AM, FAISAL NABI wrote:
> I have tried the same few days back but it didn't work. I have been using
> gromacs 2018.1 earlier and then switched to 5.1.4 and it didn't work.

Switching between major versions that are years apart in their
development will not work, and GROMACS has never guaranteed backwards
compatibility between major versions.

Patch releases in the same release series (e.g. 5.1.4 vs 5.1.2) should
be compatible because the .tpr version will not have changed, but one
needs to question why move backwards and potentially introduce bugs that
were fixed between versions?

-Justin

> On Fri, Apr 10, 2020, 6:43 PM Ashma Khan <ashmakhan200 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>> I have run my simulation on gromacs 5.1.4 for 200ns but now I want to
>> extend my simulation to 500ns with gromacs 5.1.2. Is it possible or will
>> there be problem during total simulation of 500ns in my systems. Please
>> give me suggestion regarding this.
>>
>> --
>> Ashma Khan
>> Research Scholar