[gmx-users] dt in mdp

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Apr 10 23:19:21 CEST 2020

On 4/10/20 4:17 PM, Alex wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 9:19 AM Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:
>

>> On 4/10/20 9:16 AM, Alex wrote:
>>> Thank you for the response.

>> here.
>>>>
>>> Interesting, hopefully that is the problem.
> By constraining all the bonds  "constraints = all-bonds", the simulation
> crashes in the first step immediately irrespective to the starting point of
> simulation, even if I continue the old working simulation.

Now we're getting somewhere. That suggests that at least one bond has
deviated substantially from its equilibrium length, such that the
constraint algorithm fails immediately. This also likely underlies the
original failure - forces are building up on some atoms such that mdrun
crashes.

You have either a bad geometry, inadequate topology, or both. Inspect
the molecule(s) that mdrun complains about to see if the molecules are
distorted by computing bond lengths and comparing against the force
field's parameters.

It may be beneficial to re-minimize and equilibrate with the proper
constraint scheme after validating that the topology is of sufficient
quality.

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall