[gmx-users] Problem with pdb2gmx

Elham Taghikhani elham802011 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 11 11:38:57 CEST 2020

 Hi
Thank you for your response.
I added my ligand pdb file to the protein pdb file, then the ligand name as a protein/other (tried both) to the residuetype.dat file , but still it has warning in this case.
As i said before I modified the rtp file too.This is the full screen of my terminal when I get the gro file by the gmx pdb2gmx command.
Thank you in advance
Checking for duplicate atoms....
Generating any missing hydrogen atoms and/or adding termini.
Now there are 129 residues with 1971 atoms
Chain time...
Making bonds...
Warning: Long Bond (1459-1462 = 0.259531 nm)
Warning: Long Bond (1754-1757 = 0.259591 nm)
Number of bonds was 1995, now 1995
Generating angles, dihedrals and pairs...
Before cleaning: 5163 pairs
Before cleaning: 5208 dihedrals
Keeping all generated dihedrals
Making cmap torsions...
There are 5208 dihedrals,  429 impropers, 3556 angles
          5127 pairs,     1995 bonds and     0 virtual sites
Total mass 14324.281 a.m.u.
Total charge 19.000 e
Writing topology
Processing chain 2 (39 atoms, 1 residues)

Warning: Starting residue FLO1 in chain not identified as Protein/RNA/DNA.
This chain lacks identifiers, which makes it impossible to do strict
classification of the start/end residues. Here we need to guess this residue
should not be part of the chain and instead introduce a break, but that will
be catastrophic if they should in fact be linked. Please check your structure,
and add FLO to residuetypes.dat if this was not correct.

Problem with chain definition, or missing terminal residues.
This chain does not appear to contain a recognized chain molecule.
If this is incorrect, you can edit residuetypes.dat to modify the behavior.
8 out of 8 lines of specbond.dat converted successfully
Checking for duplicate atoms....
Generating any missing hydrogen atoms and/or adding termini.
Now there are 1 residues with 39 atoms
Chain time...
Making bonds...
No bonds
Generating angles, dihedrals and pairs...
Making cmap torsions...
There are    0 dihedrals,    0 impropers,    0 angles
             0 pairs,        0 bonds and     0 virtual sites
Total mass 373.322 a.m.u.
Total charge 0.000 e
Writing topology
Including chain 1 in system: 1971 atoms 129 residues
Including chain 2 in system: 39 atoms 1 residues
Now there are 2010 atoms and 130 residues
Total mass in system 14697.603 a.m.u.
Total charge in system 19.000 e

Writing coordinate file...
You have successfully generated a topology from: complex.pdb.
The Oplsaa force field and the spc water model are used.