[gmx-users] GROMACS PBS GPU JOB submission

Yu Du ydu-sci at outlook.com
Thu Apr 16 15:56:39 CEST 2020

Hi Tuanan,

I think your problem can be separated into several parts:

First, use one PBS script contains 4 GMX commands, shown as follows, may solve your problems:

#PBS -l select=1:ncpus=40:mpiprocs=40:ompthreads=1:ngpus=1
mpirun -machinefile $PBS_NODEFILE -np 40 gmx_mpi mdrun -s nvt-prod1.tpr -deffnm TEST1 -ntomp 1 -gpu_id 0
mpirun -machinefile $PBS_NODEFILE -np 40 gmx_mpi mdrun -s nvt-prod2.tpr -deffnm TEST2 -ntomp 1 -gpu_id 1
mpirun -machinefile $PBS_NODEFILE -np 40 gmx_mpi mdrun -s nvt-prod3.tpr -deffnm TEST3 -ntomp 1 -gpu_id 2
mpirun -machinefile $PBS_NODEFILE -np 40 gmx_mpi mdrun -s nvt-prod4.tpr -deffnm TEST4 -ntomp 1 -gpu_id 3

Then, you should optimize the number of CPU used by one GPU to get the best performance.

Last, check mdrun in the GMX manual, use pin and related options to set the CPU range which each subjob uses to avoid the interference between them.

Cheers,

Du, Yu
PhD Student,
Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry