[gmx-users] weird output from simultions of a protein between two sheets

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Apr 17 15:21:44 CEST 2020

On 4/17/20 9:16 AM, Zuzana Benkova wrote:
> Dear Justin,
>
> thank you for your prompt response. I will answer your questions step by step.
>
> Is this just in the final coordinate file? Are coordinates in the
> trajectory correct when visualized?
>
> No, I converted all compressed trajectories to gro format and this outputs are identical in all trajectories. When I visualize the trajectory, I can see it as well. The atoms are placed in apices of boxes (1x1x1).

This is clearly a bug. Please report it on
https://gitlab.com/groups/gromacs/-/issues and include a .tpr file.

Freezing is, in any case, completely artificial and results in
collisions that do not conserve energy. Try a stiff position restraint
instead.

> Are you sure you don't want to remove artificial contributions to COM
> motion? This is unusual for a periodic system.
>
> I am not sure. If I leave the Linear option does the correction apply to all system even though I freeze the coordinates of graphene sheets? Anyway, I have just performed the same simulation with comm-mode = Linear and the problem persists.

The use of COM motion removal isn't directly related to your issue, but
you should still treat it properly.

-Justin

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall