[gmx-users] Failed to find GROMACS magic number in trr frame header

Mijiddorj B b.mijiddorj at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 16:21:26 CEST 2020

Dear GMX users,

Hello, I performed MD simulation using gromacs 2018.7v. During this
simulation, the calculation was stopped because of the electric cut. Then,
I continued the simulation using "gmx mdrun with -noappend" in order to get
separate trajectory for the safety of data. After that, I would like to
concatenate the trr files.
However, I received following error message.

How, can I concatenate these trajectories.
Program:     gmx trjcat, version 2018.7
Source file: src/gromacs/fileio/trrio.cpp (line 114)

Fatal error:
Failed to find GROMACS magic number in trr frame header, so this is not a
trr
file!