[gmx-users] Question about Mean Square Displacement (MSD)

Kevin Boyd kevin.boyd at uconn.edu
Sat Apr 18 21:40:10 CEST 2020

Hi,

Are you talking about the reported diffusion coefficient or the MSD vs lag
plot? You should be very careful about where you fit. By default, Gromacs
calculates MSDs at much longer lag times than you typically have good data
for. Use the -beginfit and -endfit options to restrict the fit to the lag
times where the MSD plot is linear.

>    I use trjconv command and use the output .gro file

This doesn't make much sense, how many frames are you analyzing?