[gmx-users] about correct methodology to run MD of small molecule in gromacs

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Apr 19 22:33:35 CEST 2020

On 4/19/20 4:25 PM, lazaro monteserin wrote:
> I thought this approach initially because I will refine the calculations
> later at DFT level. What do you think?

If you need a QM reference state for subsequent geometry refinement,
just generate the QM-optimized geometry and start your calculations from
that. You can then do an energy minimization with the force field to
determine how well the molecular mechanics approximation agrees with QM
(perhaps not very well as most nucleic acid force fields have not used
DFT methods in their derivation).

-Justin