[gmx-users] Artifact in pull-pbc-ref-prev-step-com

Magnus Lundborg magnus.lundborg at scilifelab.se
Mon Apr 20 09:24:48 CEST 2020

Hi Alex,

I don't think this is related to using pull-pbc-ref-prev-step-com. Have
you tried without it? However, it is risky using pbcatom -1, since you
don't know what atom you are using as the initial reference. I would
suggest picking an atom you know is located at the centre of the structure.

I would think that the problem has to do with the comm removal. What are
your parameters for comm-mode, nstcomm and comm-grps? It is possible
that you need to lower your nstcomm. It is also possible, but not
certain, the comm-mode Linear-acceleration-correction might help you.
For some reason, it seems like I have sometimes avoided similar problems
by using the sd integrator instead, but I haven't evaluated that
properly - it might just have been coincidences. If you see a clear
difference using the sd integrator it might be good if you'd file an
issue about it on gitlab so that someone can look into if there is
something wrong.

Regards,
Magnus