[gmx-users] Artifact in pull-pbc-ref-prev-step-com

Magnus Lundborg magnus.lundborg at scilifelab.se
Thu Apr 23 08:45:03 CEST 2020

Hi Alex,

pull-group1-pbcatom lets you specify the exact atom used as the PBC
reference. Both 0 and -1 are special cases. For small molecules 0 is
(almost?) always OK. Find one in the center of you membrane (in the pull
direction). I'll actually have to check if -1 is even compatible with
pull-pbc-ref-prev-step-com. It's possible that that combination should
not be allowed even.

As you say, you can define a subgroup within the larger membrane group,
but that is mainly of use if you know that some atoms consistently in
the center of the whole group and others are more flexible.

Regards,

Magnus