[gmx-users] Why there is no phosphorous atom in the "DA5" residue in dna.rtp

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Apr 25 18:20:57 CEST 2020

On 4/25/20 12:18 PM, Tingguang.S wrote:
> Dear all,
>

>     When I generated the amber99sb force filed topology of a DNA molecule with gmx, a error code appeared: "Atom P in residue DA 1 was not found in rtp entry DA5 with 30 atoms". I tried to fix this but found there was no P atoms in all the 5' nucleic acid residues in dna.rtp.
>     Can some one help me with this ?

DNA is not typically phosphorylated on its 5'-hydroxyl. Synthetic
nucleotides sometimes are, but the force field is designed for typical
biologically relevant structures. If the 5'-phosphate is relevant (which
it can be), you need to build your own .rtp entry or terminal database
entry.

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall