[gmx-users] gromacs installation (2020&2019)

Yu Du ydu-sci at outlook.com
Sun Apr 26 17:06:54 CEST 2020

Hi Netaly,

Although I do not know the exact reason of the failure, after skimming through your command, I think that you probably need to assign absolute path to CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX and have access to the internet for downloading REGRESSIONTEST and FFTW package.

If you are new to GROMACS, I recommend installation from simple case, such as only CPU no GPU. Only after successfully installing CPU only version GROMACS, run to the next level CPU+GPU. This step-by-step installation practice can give you a feeling of choosing CMake options.

Cheers,

Du, Yu
PhD Student,
Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry