[gmx-users] lincs warning

Christian Blau blau at kth.se
Mon Apr 27 17:19:18 CEST 2020

Hi Afsane,

This might be an issue with the pressure coupling, depending on the
compressibility you give for your system and the algorithm that you use
for pressure coupling you might see quite large fluctuations in
pressure. One idea might be to use temperature coupling to quickly
dissipate large energies due to large fluctuations in box size. If
you're not already using it you could try a robust temperature coupling
with  v-rescale with tau-t = 0.1, which is usually recommendable. Using
some steps to carefully anneal your system might help as well. To
carefully heat your system from 0 to 300K in the first 100ps of the
simulation you might use "annealing = single annealing-npoints = 2
annealing-time = 0 100 annealing-temp = 0 300".

Then pressure-pre-equlibrating your system with the Berendsen barostat
might be helpful, just don't use it for your production run.

Best,

Christian