[gmx-users] POPC: Fatal error:

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Apr 29 18:34:39 CEST 2020

On 4/29/20 8:50 AM, Dutta, Kunal wrote:
> Dear Friends,
> I'm trying to learn Tutorial 2: KALP15 in DPPC
> <http://www.mdtutorials.com/gmx/membrane_protein/index.html>
> The FOLLOWING PROBLEM APPEARS:
>
> "
> GROMACS:      gmx grompp, version 2018.1
> Executable:   /usr/bin/gmx
> Data prefix:  /usr
> Working dir:  /home/kunal/Documents/MD_Simulation/B2AR in POPC
> Command line:
> gmx grompp -f minim.mdp -c popc128a.pdb -p topol_popc.top -o popc.tpr
>

> NOTE 1 [file minim.mdp]:
>    With Verlet lists the optimal nstlist is >= 10, with GPUs >= 20. Note
>    that with the Verlet scheme, nstlist has no effect on the accuracy of
>    your simulation.
>
> Setting the LD random seed to -2044757183
> Generated 837 of the 2346 non-bonded parameter combinations
> Excluding 3 bonded neighbours molecule type 'POPC'
> Excluding 2 bonded neighbours molecule type 'SOL'

> Program:     gmx grompp, version 2018.1
> Source file: src/gromacs/gmxpreprocess/grompp.cpp (line 619)
>

> *Fatal error:number of coordinates in coordinate file (popc128a.pdb,
> 14036)             does not match topology (topol_popc.top, 17621)*

> "

Likely you have specified the wrong number of water molecules in the
topology. Don't adhere too closely to the tutorial when using different
coordinate files (and lipids). There are probably a different number of
waters in the POPC system so you will have to make more adjustments to
the topology than might be immediately apparent.

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall

340 West Campus Dr.