[gmx-users] How to add two different "defaults" parameters in topology file

mbhendle mbhendle at iitk.ac.in
Wed Feb 5 18:55:02 CET 2020

Hello all,

I am trying to simulate polymers in tip4p-ice and for that I need to set
two different "defaults" parameters for polymer chain and TIP4P-ICE in
topology file. The "moleculetype" for Polymer chain and water is also
different:

[ defaults]
; nbfunc comb-rule gen-pairs fudgeLJ fudgeQQ    (for polymer)
1                  3             yes        0.5         0.5

[ defaults]
; nbfunc comb-rule gen-pairs fudgeLJ fudgeQQ    (for TIP4P-ICE)
1                  2             no          1             1

[moleculetype]

;Name     nrexcl

Other       3  ;(Polymer)

SOL          1  ;(TIP4P-ICE)

For this purpose, I have created two different ".itp" files for polymer
chain and TIP4P-ICE. But while running "gmx grompp" gromacs is showing
"Invalid order for directive moleculetype". I also tried putting two
defaults parameters into ".top" file itself. But it also showed error.

Please suggest how to do it.

Thanks & Regards,

Mangesh Bhendale