[gmx-users] RDF calculation from surface of protein

Pandya, Akash akash.pandya.15 at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Feb 5 21:22:22 CET 2020

Hi all,

I am trying to calculate the RDF between the protein surface and the centre of mass of my ligand and water molecules. Please find below the command I used:

gmx rdf -s proteinLIG.tpr -f proteinLIG.xtc -n index.ndx -o rdf.xvg -bin 0.02 -cn number.xvg -surf mol -seltype mol_com

I get the following error:

Inconsistency in user input:
-surf only works with -ref that consists of atoms

I am wondering what this error means? My ref group does contain atoms? Any guidance will be much appreciated :)

Akash