[gmx-users] error found when doing tpi calculations

Yakun ykchen at jlu.edu.cn
Mon Feb 10 09:06:38 CET 2020

Dear all,

I got the problem fixed already.
I found the corresponding source code in tpi.cpp saying

'''
    if (a_tp1 - a_tp0 > 1 &&
        (inputrec->rlist < inputrec->rcoulomb ||
         inputrec->rlist < inputrec->rvdw))
    {
        gmx_fatal(FARGS, "Can not do TPI for multi-atom molecule with a twin-range cut-off");
    }
'''
Then I set rlist=rvdw=rcoulomb, problem solved.
However, anybody know for my kind of system, is there any optimal parameters to get a better tpi results? Thanks in advance