[gmx-users] Protein stabilization

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Feb 12 14:48:03 CET 2020

On 2/12/20 6:20 AM, Gonzalez Fernandez, Cristina wrote:
> Dear Gromacs users,
>

> I'm trying to perform a protein-lipid complex simulation. While the interaction between these molecules seems reasonable, the protein Root Mean Square Deviation is too high, and I don't know how to stabilice it. Could you recommend me any simulation trick to stabilize the protein and improve the simulation?

If only such a magic wand existed that made our unexpected outcomes turn
into something we want :)

If a simulation does not reproduce known behavior, something is wrong
with the model, its preparation, the force field parameters, simulation
is too short, etc.

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall