[gmx-users] Estimation of configurational entropy

Pathum Manjula Weerawarna pathum.weerawarna at northwestern.edu
Thu Feb 13 06:37:54 CET 2020

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to estimate the configurational entropy of a small molecule using gmx anaeig. However, it does not allow me to use a mass-weighted covariance matrix for the calculation (only allow me to use mass-unweighted CV matrix). Theoretically, the use of a mass unweighted CV matrix for entropy calculation is inaccurate (frequencies going to be smaller). Does anybody know the accuracy of the entropy calculated using gmx anaeig? Also, is there any way to use a mass-weighted CV matrix for this calculation?

Thank you so much for the help

best
Pathum

________________________________