[gmx-users] Can't observe ion separation under the influence of electric field

Man Hoang Viet mhviet at ifpan.edu.pl
Fri Feb 14 16:24:58 CET 2020

Hi Live King,

I think the temperature coupling strongly effect on your observation since
the velocity of atoms (ions) will be rescale after every tau-t value. It
means the movement direction of ion under EEF will be mostly canceled for
every tau-t (ps). If you set tau-t to be larger than default value (.i.e
10, 100 or 1000) you can see the effect of EEF on your system.

Viet Man,