[gmx-users] Problem in energy minimization and domain decomposition

Sadaf Rani sadafrani6 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 21:58:12 CET 2020

Dear Gromacs users

I am getting the following message while running an energy minimization:-

There is no domain decomposition for 32 ranks that is compatible with the
given box and a minimum cell size of 1.85723 nm
I am not using any distance restraint, and selecting box size by the
following command :
gmx editconf -f rescloselig.gro -o rescloseligbox.gro -bt cubic -d 1.2

Can you please suggest me how should I fix it.

Thanks.

Sadaf