[gmx-developers] BD + Poisson-Boltzmann forces?

Vishal Vaidyanathan vvishal at stanford.edu
Wed Dec 4 00:21:41 CET 2002

Hi,
   If you're unfamiliar with the gmx code, I'd say about a month. Actually
putting in the code and getting rid of compile time/run time errors will
take you about a couple of weeks, but getting the answers right will
probably take longer. Combine with Murphy's Law to get 2 months.

   On the other hand, the whole thing is conceptually quite simple - so it
might take only a couple of days, so don't let my estimate discourage you!
:-)

   If you want to discuss issues of implementation (what code to modify,
which data structures you'd need to access, etc), please feel free to
contact me personally or via this mailing list. I'm sure that would help
us both and perhaps some others trying something similar as well.

   At this time, I am not working on PB because I am stuck on a much
simpler model which is not producing expected results. Other
approaches including PB are scheduled  for the future though.

   Thanks,
								Vishal