[gmx-developers] template trr reader

Gerrit Groenhof G.Groenhof at chem.rug.nl
Thu Jun 27 16:10:06 CEST 2002

> Dear Gromacs Developers,
>
> I've just want to access and analyize the trajectory data produced by
> gromacs.
> Thanks that there is a template to follow. However I couldn'd manage to
> compile it
> independently. As ;
>
> gromacs-3.1.3/share/template> make template
> cc     template.c   -o template
> template.c:40: statutil.h: No such file or directory
> template.c:41: typedefs.h: No such file or directory
> template.c:42: smalloc.h: No such file or directory
> template.c:43: vec.h: No such file or directory
> template.c:44: copyrite.h: No such file or directory
> template.c:45: statutil.h: No such file or directory
> template.c:46: tpxio.h: No such file or directory
> make: *** [template] Error 1
>
> After all, I have copy those header files there but I have been trying
> clear up undefined references, but it seems remifications of them are a
> bit long.
>
> Any idea would be helpful.

Hi Mehmet,

Did you do a make install? If not, the ${exec_prefix} in the Makefile
is not set. So, try to do the make install or otherwise you can change
the prefix by hand in the makefile. So you just set the include dirs
and librarie dirs to the right ones (i.e. ../../include and
../../src/gmxlib resp.)

Good luck,

Gerrit

PS
I think I sent you this twice now, as I forgot to do a group reply.