[gmx-developers] Developer's Manual

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 21 22:53:28 CET 2003

On Friday, Mar 21, 2003, at 12:48 US/Pacific, David wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-03-21 at 21:53, Senthil Kandasamy wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I remember hearing talk about a developers manual being created soon.
>> Of
>> late, I find myself looking into the source code of most analysis
>> tools
>> to be able to add my own features into some of them, but am usually
>> lost
>> in the maze of subroutines. I understand that most of the main
>> developers are immersed in more important code development and
>> documentation is the last thing in their minds. But, is there any
>> preliminary documentation that is available that would basically tell
>> me
>> where all the libraries and important subroutines are and what they
>> do?
>> That would help a lot.
>>
> I'm not sure that something has materialized yet (I haven't done
> anything on it). I did however recently propose some changes in the
> analysis model. It would require some assistence from other developers.

I have started documenting the inner loops and a new module for
nonbonded interactions,
but it is mostly for the next release of Gromacs, so not partiocularly
useful yet.

Cheers,

Erik

> ------
Erik Lindahl, MSc, PhD     <lindahl at stanford.edu>
D109, Fairchild Building
Dept. Structural Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine
Tel. 650-7250754    Fax. 650-7238464