[gmx-developers] Developer's Manual

David spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Fri Mar 21 21:48:44 CET 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-21 at 21:53, Senthil Kandasamy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I remember hearing talk about a developers manual being created soon. Of
> late, I find myself looking into the source code of most analysis tools
> to be able to add my own features into some of them, but am usually lost
> in the maze of subroutines. I understand that most of the main
> developers are immersed in more important code development and
> documentation is the last thing in their minds. But, is there any
> preliminary documentation that is available that would basically tell me
> where all the libraries and important subroutines are and what they do?
> That would help a lot.

I'm not sure that something has materialized yet (I haven't done
anything on it). I did however recently propose some changes in the
analysis model. It would require some assistence from other developers.
For this to work we would have to give more people CVS write access, and
I think we will consider this. We will have to resolve some
technicalities in order to be able to do so.

I'll try to come with a more detailed proposal, meanwhile if you have
specific questions, put em on the mailing list.

--
Groeten, David.
Dr. David van der Spoel, 	Dept. of Cell and Molecular Biology