[gmx-developers] more user variables

Pim Schravendijk schraven at mpip-mainz.mpg.de
Thu Jun 17 16:49:24 CEST 2004

Dear List,

Because of some tweaks I made to gromacs for my own purpose and which
require more than 4 real variables, I want to add my own list of user
variables to the grompp.mdp file. It will also allow me to give them nice
names when I'm busy changing it anyway :)

My is was as follows:

- Add the types to : include/types/inputrec.h

- In src/gmxlib/tpxio.c parse these variables in do_inputrec() (I guess
this function just makes sure the variables are in the right format?)

- In src/gmxlib/txtdump.c add some lines to pr_inputrec() to let gmxdump
be able to output this data, is my wild guess

- In src/kernel/readir.c I have to add my parameters as RTYPE in get_ir()

- In src/kernel/tpbcmp.c I could add some lines to cmp_inputrec()

I guess doing this should do the trick, or are there any traps I should be
aware of?

Greetings, Pim

--
Pim Schravendijk - PhD Student
Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research