[gmx-developers] Cannot allocate memory-genbox-FreeBSD

marcos lourenzoni lourenzoni at lycos.com
Mon Jun 28 18:13:28 CEST 2004

I have a problem when I am running genbox. My computer is a dual
Xeon processor with 2GB of memory on FreeBSD 4.8 -stable. I think the
problem is the FreeBSD. The test in the same computer with linux red
hat was OK. Can you help me?
    Containing 181 atoms in 13 residues
    Initialising van der waals distances...
    Reading solvent configuration

"216H2O,WATJP01,SPC216,SPC-MODEL,300K,BOX(M)=1.86206NM,WFVG,MAR.
1984"
    solvent configuration contains 648 atoms in 216 residues
    Initialising van der waals distances...
    Will generate new solvent configuration of 33x33x33 boxes
    Fatal error: realloc for x_solvt (279446112 bytes, file genbox.c,
line 402, x_so
    lvt=0x0x 81fe000): Cannot allocate memory
    #Entries in atommass.dat: 82 vdwradii.dat: 26 dgsolv.dat: 7
    Marcos R. Lourenzoni
    Universidade de Sao Paulo
    Departamento de Quimica