[gmx-developers] Building from CVS error; problem with install path: system type lost

Marc Baaden baaden at smplinux.de
Thu May 19 15:34:00 CEST 2005

Hi,

just updated my cvs checkout and started to build Gromacs.
I don't know if people are aware of this, or if it is intentional,
but the installation location has changed, and the build system
type is missing from the install path.

What I mean is that previously Gromacs installed in eg
gmx-dev/i686-pc-linux-gnu/

whereas the current CVS version directly goes to

gmx-dev/

and creates bin and lib directories there. So the "i686-pc-linux-gnu"
part is missing.

>From my config.log it however seems that this is properly recognized:

[..]
configure:1573: checking build system type
configure:1591: result: i686-pc-linux-gnu
[..]

So don't know whether this behaviour was desired or not ?
Actually I don't think so, because the GMXRC.bash script would
be wrong then, as it explicitly contains references to the old
path.

If I'd knew how to correct this I would, but auto* is still not
entirely clear to me .. so I'll leave it for the gurus ..

Cheers,
  Marc

NB: for those of you who want to see my configure line, it is
./configure --prefix=/ibpc/matrix/opt/gmx/gmx-dev/ --without-x --program-suffix=_d --disable-float
--
 BioMolSim meeting 2&3 Sep 2005: http://www.iecb.u-bordeaux.fr/satellite2005/

 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baaden at smplinux.de      -      http://www.baaden.ibpc.fr
 FAX: +33 15841 5026  -  Tel: +33 15841 5176  ou  +33 609 843217