[gmx-developers] Free energy calculations in 3.3_rc1

Erik Lindahl lindahl at sbc.su.se
Fri Sep 9 12:46:33 CEST 2005

Hi David,

Apart from the PME free energy loops we now use lambda instead of
lambda^2 by default in the softcore interpolation. According to Berk
this results in less noise, and he's usually right :-)

You can control it with the parameter sc_power - use 2 to imitate the
behavior of previous gromacs versions.

(I think it should be documented in share/html/online/mdp_opt.html too).

Cheers,

Erik