[gmx-developers] Parallel Gromacs

Erik Lindahl lindahl at sbc.su.se
Tue Apr 25 13:11:00 CEST 2006

Hi,

> People have put a lot of work into the website, the manual and the
> mailing list archives, and by refusing to do your own homework
> there, you run a risk they'll not be interested in doing anything
> for you. Whether they actually do is up to David/Berk/Erik of
> course :-)

Well, we certainly don't willfully ignore posts, but Mark touches on
an important point that we can give priority to everything :-)

You are much more likely to get a fast reply if you ask short and
concrete questions that we can answer immediately with a 1-2 lines.
If the reply requires 50 lines and some code checking we will usually
think "I'll look into that later when I have time", and then often
forget about it...

Cheers,

Erik