[gmx-developers] innerc.c -- The Miracle of Birth

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Wed May 24 20:52:25 CEST 2006

On 5/24/06, D. Ensign <densign at stanford.edu> wrote:
> > But anyhow, you can overwrite the innerloop .c file with your own
> > .c file.
> > The only issue is that any time the Makefile thinks that
> > the innerloop source needs to be updated your file is overwritten
> > and you will need to overwrite it again.
> > So edit a seperate copy with a different name.
>
> So in other words, I have to fool around with the Makefile.

but this is easy to do.

just replace:

# The inner loops are made with our program and not included in the dist.
innerf.f: mkinl
        ./mkinl fortran
innerc.c: mkinl
        ./mkinl c

with something like:

# inner loop is provided by a custom file.
innerc.c:  mkinl
         cp saved_innerc.c innerc.c

and it should work. just remember the typical makefile
quirkyness when it comes to whitespace, i.e. that you have
to put TABs in front of the cp and not spaces.

regards,
     axel.