[gmx-developers] suggestion: velocities.xtc

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 10:26:52 CEST 2006

Hi,

Actually, I did modify GMX3.3.1 to write velocities to a .xtc file
and, although I do agree with the statements regarding the offsets and
the need for precision, I find that there is definite benefit of using
the .xtc format. The file is much smaller than a .trr file (using the
same precision as for the positions, three decimals), although twice
as large as the coordinate .xtc file.

Best,

Tsjerk