[gmx-developers] Looking for new developers

Daniel Seeliger dseelig at gwdg.de
Thu Jun 28 11:25:11 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've once started to write a Python interface for gromacs. It's
basically interfacing a bunch of gromacs C-structures and provides
access to some functions (IO, reading xtc from Python, command line,... ).
It's very quick and dirty and I'm not actively working on it at the
moment. However, if anybody is interested in using it as starting point
for further development, you can get it here:

http://www.mpibpc.mpg.de/groups/grubmueller/start/people/dseelig/pymacs.html

The existing code would surely benefit from the expertise of a "real"
Python/C-API expert. Having the interface between the main gmx
structures (t_atoms, t_topology,...) on a solid base would in my opinion
be the key issue for further development of the interface.
This could also be a first step towards a PyMOL/gromacs interface, which
for my feeling would be the most straightforward way to provide
graphical support for gromacs.

Regards,
Daniel