[gmx-developers] Looking for new developers

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Thu Jun 28 08:49:27 CEST 2007

Mark Abraham wrote:
> David van der Spoel wrote:
>> Dear developers,
>>
>> on the GROMACS wiki a new page was added:
>>
>> http://wiki.gromacs.org/index.php/Development
>>
>> specifying different development projects that we would like people to
>> work on. Most of these lie outside the core MD part, but will enhance
>> usability and add new features to other programs than mdrun. We
>> welcome suggestions for further development projects. Note that you
>> can work on the wiki itself as well when you create an account.
>
> Good initiative David!
>
> Dallas and I have made some preliminary responses here
> http://wiki.gromacs.org/index.php/Talk:Development. I suggest that notes
> on who has intentions of doing what should be kept there, as well as
> discussed here.
>
> In particular, what parallel fast multipole solving algorithm is envisaged?

That is to be decided. AFAIK there are a few of these out there
available under different licenses. The first step would be to look into
what really is out there, and that should be documented on the wiki.

Ideally I would like to have an algorithm that can do both Coulomb and
Lennard Jones (and Gravity...).

--
David.
phone:	46 18 471 4205		fax: 46 18 511 755