[gmx-developers] genvsites

Erik Marklund erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
Mon Oct 1 11:03:22 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've put some text on the wiki for genvsites (http://wiki.gromacs.org/
index.php/Genvsites) describing the current state of things. We've
decided to make a force field independent description of the virtual
site constructions, which does not contain much geometrical nor
topological information. Ideal geometries will be constructed from
refi_aa.dat, containing crystallographic bond/angle/tortional data,
from which in turn center of mass and moment of inertia will be
calculated when needed. We're aiming to make the program 'stupid',
i.e. not make too many assumptions or smart decisions, and just read
and interpret the vsite data file. Some information will be taken
from the topology, and perhaps also from the force field in special
cases. Any comments on the proposed file format or the overall
strategy is greatly appreciated.

Over and out.

Erik Marklund, PhD student
Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics,
Husargatan 3, Box 596,	75124 Uppsala, Sweden
phone:	+46 18 471 4537		fax: +46 18 511 755
erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se	http://xray.bmc.uu.se/molbiophys