[gmx-developers] energy distribution

Robert Vacha robert.vacha at marge.uochb.cas.cz
Wed Apr 9 11:03:38 CEST 2008

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what criterion you mean. I thought,
that I would do it as interaction energy is calculated and written in
energy file now (If energy groups are set, gromacs write in energy file
LJ and coulomb between the selected groups, and I would like to add the
histogram of the sum of LJ and coulomb). So the criterion would be just
presence of molecules in selected group, so for all of them the standard
Lennard-Jones interaction limited with cut-off plus coulomb interaction
with Ewald would be calculated. Of course, there could be molecules
which would have interaction energy equal 0, but that shoudn't be a
problem, right? Do you see any problem with calculating what I described
above?

thanks,
Robert