[gmx-developers] energy distribution

Anton Feenstra feenstra at few.vu.nl
Wed Apr 9 13:12:24 CEST 2008

Robert Vacha wrote:
> Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what criterion you mean. I thought,
> that I would do it as interaction energy is calculated and written in
> energy file now (If energy groups are set, gromacs write in energy file
> LJ and coulomb between the selected groups, and I would like to add the
> histogram of the sum of LJ and coulomb). So the criterion would be just
> presence of molecules in selected group, so for all of them the standard
> Lennard-Jones interaction limited with cut-off plus coulomb interaction
> with Ewald would be calculated. Of course, there could be molecules
> which would have interaction energy equal 0, but that shoudn't be a
> problem, right? Do you see any problem with calculating what I described
> above?

OK, now I see. Yes, that could be done. I mis-read your first e-mail and
thought you mentioned 'interacting molecules'. That would require some
definition of interaction, but a histogram of interaction energies would
not require that.

--
Groetjes,

Anton
| / \ / \'| | | IBIVU/Bioinformatics - Free University  Amsterdam     |
|(   |   )| | | De Boelelaan 1083A - 1081 HV Amsterdam - Netherlands  |
| \_/ \_/ | | | Tel +31 20 59 87783 - Fax +31 20 59 87653 - Room P136 |
|             | Feenstra at few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
|             | "Everything He Lacks, He Makes Up In Denial"          |
|             | (Offspring)                                           |