[gmx-developers] ensemble code and restraints

Robert Fenwick robert.fenwick at irbbarcelona.org
Tue Dec 9 10:34:56 CET 2008

OK I am still a bit lost about the restraining of distance restraints
over pairs of structures within an ensemble. I have looked at the
manual and it seems that what I would like to do is indeed ensemble
averaging over pairs. How is it possible to specify which replicas are
involved? I essentially want to treat these pairs as dimers, so that
there is only a force on the molecules if both structures in a pair do
not fulfill a distance restraint.

The system suggested by Richter et al. is a chain loop, i.e. pairs of;
1 and 2, 2 and 3, 3 and 4, 4 and 1

Cheers,

Bryn