[gmx-developers] code include brackets

Erik Lindahl lindahl at cbr.su.se
Thu Dec 25 20:38:07 CET 2008

Hi Matt,

We always love to see people involved, and don't hesitate to point out
stupid/strange things.

The only reasons we don't fix things like immediately (TM) is that the
Gromacs codebase is beginning to get quite big, so we're always a bit
hesitant to start changing pieces of the code that don't have any
significant problems.

Development-wise, we're currently roughly halfway to 4.1 (from 4.0),
which will contain a number of nice features to improve scaling,
usability, and free energy calculations. After 4.1 we'll be doing
major changes to the code again (and tentatively allow C++, but that
will require some more testing...), and at that time we're also
planning to clean up lots of things like this.

However, as David mentioned, we always look at patches :-)

Merry Christmas,

Erik