[gmx-developers] modifing nonbonded interactions

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Fri Oct 24 06:17:07 CEST 2008

Mark Abraham wrote:
> Nazish Hoda wrote:
>> To do implicit-water md for a charged system. In the explicit-water md,
>> water is non-uniformly distributed along the molecules. I am trying to
>> incorporate
>> this effect in my implicit-water simulation.

Author(s): Hess B, Holm C, van der Vegt N
Source: PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS    Volume: 96    Issue: 14  Article
Number: 147801    Published: APR 14 2006
Times Cited: 9     References: 19     Citation MapCitation Map beta
Abstract: We report a new strategy to parametrize effective ion-ion
potentials for implicit solvent simulations of charged systems. The
effective potential includes a pair term and a Coulomb term that by
means of a concentration dependent dielectric permittivity takes into
account multibody effects. We demonstrate that this approach allows us
to accurately reproduce the solution osmotic properties and the ion
coordination up to concentrations of 2.8 M aqueous NaCl.

--
David.
David van der Spoel, PhD, Professor of Biology