[gmx-developers] modifing nonbonded interactions

Nazish Hoda nazish at umich.edu
Fri Oct 24 15:49:39 CEST 2008

Thanks for the details. I really appreciate getting so much information from
you people.

I have developed a strategy to evaluate LJ parameters for the implicit
solvent simulations.
It involves a single empirical parameter, but mimics explicit water results
pretty well.

I also tried some runs with position dependent \epsilon, it is also working
well for
one of the systems I have tried. I want to match 4 things, 3 rdfs and Rg.
Initial results are promising.

Regarding the issue of the functional dependence of \epsilon, that is a bit
complicated,
and I fully agree with Berk on that. At present, I am trying the simplest
possible form of \epsilon.

As of now, I am able to replicate pair formation properly.
Next step, is to see how it works for complex formation.
I am not very hopeful about that, let see how it goes.
There I would need a more complicated function to describe \epsilon.

Nazish