[gmx-developers] [Fwd: Re: Water Kinetics]

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Sun Sep 7 14:37:20 CEST 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: Water Kinetics
Date: 	Sun, 7 Sep 2008 15:23:21 +0300
From: 	Omer Markovitch <omermar at gmail.com>
To: 	David van der Spoel <spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se>
<48BBCBE6.80403 at xray.bmc.uu.se>

Could you please refer me to the proper resource, about gromacs.
I have tried to post the following question in gromacs-developer list,
but could not post there:
[in short - i am asking where do the energy & coordinates variables are
defined & printed]

Hello,
I would your help on how to do the following:

I have a 2-body interaction, which I have defined in the file
"topology.top", under the tag "[ pairs ]".
I would like to, during the simulation itself, to generate a new file,
that for each frame will tell me:
(1) Fraction of intact 2-bodies. [ defining intact is not an issue; I
could, for example, use a geometric criterion, or something similar ].
(2) Current total energy, and energy parts.

Now, I am familiar with C language, and not afraid of modifying the
source code.
==>> I will appreciate your help with telling me in what files.c and
which function & variables do the coordinates and energies are stored
and defined <<==
As for the actual printing, I believe that I could simply output my
stuff after the function "write_xtc_traj" is called.

Your help is highly appreciated! Omer Markovitch.

Koby Levy research group,
Weizmann Institute of Science.
http://www.weizmann.ac.il/sb/faculty_pages/Levy/

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 14:03, David van der Spoel <spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se