[gmx-developers] [Fwd: Re: Water Kinetics]

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Sun Sep 7 14:40:43 CEST 2008

> Could you please refer me to the proper resource, about gromacs.
> I have tried to post the following question in gromacs-developer list,
> but could not post there:
> [in short - i am asking where do the energy & coordinates variables are
> defined & printed]

> Hello,
> I would your help on how to do the following:
>
> I have a 2-body interaction, which I have defined in the file
> "topology.top", under the tag "[ pairs ]".
> I would like to, during the simulation itself, to generate a new file,
> that for each frame will tell me:
> (1) Fraction of intact 2-bodies. [ defining intact is not an issue; I
> could, for example, use a geometric criterion, or something similar ].

You could define the energy of this new "pair" interaction as binary 1
or 0 and get the fraction by dividing by the total number of such
interactions. You may be better off definig this as a bond interaction
though.

> (2) Current total energy, and energy parts.

I don't understand what you mean (apart from what is defined already
e.g. using energy groups).