[gmx-developers] max cpu scale-up

spitaleri.andrea at hsr.it spitaleri.andrea at hsr.it
Fri Sep 19 18:36:06 CEST 2008

Hi,
in fact I tried 128 cpu with just -s -v and I get this error:

Fatal error:
Could not find an appropriate number of separate PME nodes. i.e. >=
0.419288*#nodes (51) and <= #n
odes/2 (64) and reasonable performance wise (grid_x=144, grid_y=120).
Use the -npme option of mdrun or change the number of processors or the
grid dimensions.

Using -npme 64 it works and on 128 cpu it goes 2ns (dt=2fs) in  3h45'!
What -ddorder cartesian does?

Anyway, really good job!

Andrea Spitaleri PhD
Dulbecco Telethon Institute