[gmx-developers] ewald shift

Harold Park harold.park at colorado.edu
Sun Aug 16 17:58:25 CEST 2009

Dear Berk:

I'm not sure how well the Wolf methods work for liquid systems, though
apparently there have been some tests to show that it works well.  I
do not know enough to say much on this point.  We are looking at
crystalline ionic solids, which is what the method was initially
developed for.  Thanks for your suggestion for the shifted Coulomb
option - we will explore this.

Dear Rossen - I read the Fennell paper carefully, and the corrected
form they utilize appears to be more robust and conserves force and
energy at the cut-off - we will definitely implement their form
instead.  Thank you very much for this reference!

Regards to both of you,

Harold