[gmx-developers] ewald shift

Berk Hess hess at cbr.su.se
Fri Aug 28 11:23:14 CEST 2009

I looked at the Fennell paper and they use RF with charge groups.
I checked that when you use RF without charge groups
(coulombtype=reaction-field-zero in Gromacs)
it performs better than force shifted. This is to be expected, since RF
removes less of the force
than plainly shifting it with a constant.

But I would always use PME, especially for a crystal, since you really
have periodicity, right?

Berk