[gmx-developers] DCD / Licence

Erik Lindahl lindahl at cbr.su.se
Sat Jul 4 13:56:27 CEST 2009

Hi,

Having optional support for a dlopen API sounds great. You probably
don't want to make it default, since that could screw up compilation
on many platforms.

Our only hard requirements are:

1) We need to be able to distribute the code as GPL/LGPL (instead of a
combination of licenses). The 10% clause probably doesn't fly with
this, since the one could imagine 10 different people copy 10% each,
distribute as GPL, then somebody else (who gets it under strict GPL,
where there cannot be side clauses) merges it and has the original
code under GPL.

2) The basic code must be possible to compile without any extra
libraries. Optional stuff can use them, though!

Cheers,

Erik