[gmx-developers] DCD / Licence

Höfling Martin martin.hoefling at gmx.de
Sat Jul 4 13:53:37 CEST 2009

Am 04.07.2009 um 13:23 schrieb Roland Schulz:

> Do we want to support only dynamic linking (dlopen) for the vmd
> plugins or as an alternative also static?

It would be nice to allow full building of the library dependencies
via the Gromacs build system, if license allows it.

1) On non-desktop systems, you don't need to install vmd.

2) Even on desktop systems, building vmd with the same arch than
Gromacs can be...
      ... not so simple. E.g.: I am using 64 bit Gromacs on my intel
mac while VMD is still the (pre-built) 32 bit binary distribution.

Best wishes
	Martin