[gmx-developers] Error Gromacs Install from Git and gromacs tar

Rodrigo faccioli rodrigo_faccioli at uol.com.br
Sun Jul 12 22:03:19 CEST 2009

Hello,

I've tried to install the Gromacs from git repository. For this, I read
http://www.gromacs.org/Developers/Git/Git_Tutorial . In this way, I executed
the commands: git clone --mirror git://git.gromacs.org/gromacs and git clone
git://git.gromacs.org/gromacs

After that, I read quick and dirty installation in
http://oldwiki.gromacs.org/index.php/quick_and_dirty_installation. I
downloaded all programs which are listed there, except Gromacs because I got
it from git repository :). The other change that I made was: I change the
NCPU value for 2.

I executed the commands which are shown for bash box. Moreover, when I
execute the command ./configure --prefix=$SOFT --enable-mpi --with-gsl, I
receive the error message: checking size of int... configure: error: cannot
compute sizeof (int)
See `config.log' for more details.

I opened the config.log file and its last line shows configure: exit 77

After this error, I downloaded the others Gromacs versions (4.05 and 4.0.4)
from http://www.gromacs.org/index.php?title=Download_%26_Installation.
Moreover, these versions show the same error.

So, I tried to understand where can be my error. When I remove the
--enable-mpi option from configure command above, the command works fine.

My doubt is what I made wrong. Unfortunately, I can't understand.

My Operation System is Ubuntu 9.04 and I'm running on laptop Dell XPS.

I thank any help and sorry if my question is so obvious and my English
mistakes.

--
Rodrigo Antonio Faccioli
Ph.D Student in Electrical Engineering